Saturday 26 July 2008

A quiet few days...

For The Gooner Guru and for Arsenal... been extremely busy this week so not had any time to post for a while but then nothing new has really happened either...

Of course there was the 1-1 friendly, a very boring encounter, although Bendtner and Walcott crafted out an impressive goal. Bendtner brought the ball down and assisted fantastically, and Walcott slotted home a neat finish off the inside of the post. Wilshere looked promising again, the Hoyte brothers, unfortunately were more of a calamity than anything else at centre back, and other than that there was nothing else to report.
Not sure Randall or Lansbury took their chance to shine although its early days...

According to The Sun Toure has made a miraculous recovery from his Malaria, and could be back in light training which if you ask me is excellent news. No offence to Senderos but I am much more comfortable with Toure.

Arshavin and his agent have managed to make themselves look even worse thanks to some hideously shameful comments. Yes his agent said he would consider a move to Spurs but I'm not even talking about that... remember after the Euros when Arshavin said he was looking for a move based on footballing grounds and not financially motivated...

"Money? I doubt that many other clubs would be able to pay me what Zenit can. It is not an economic question, it is about sporting desire. I want to play in one of the big leagues."


Well here are the latest comments from his agent...

The price is very high, as are the personal terms.


I mean there are so many merry go round comments in this summer transfer saga it makes me feel sick from dizzyness... his agent has been an embarrassment!

So thats about all to report really... I remember on Tuesday thinking to myself that we would have made a signing by now, I mean preseason really picks up from Monday with games against Stuttgart, the Emriates Cup, the Amsterdam tournament, Champions League qualifying etc. that I managed to convince myself we would sign someone by Monday in good preparation... why do I do this to myself?

No comments: