Tuesday 29 July 2008

10-2......????

Yep last nights score line! Burgenland were seriously poor, I mean Sunday League poor! The defending was absolutely shocking, for a key example of this see Vela's first two goals...

So I mean not much to analyse, I mean will have been great for the confidence of Bendtner (4 goals), Vela (3 goals), and Wilshere (2 goals). What I found most interesting about this match was that Ramsey and Wilshere played the full 90 minutes in the last run out for the youngsters. I think Arsene feels these 2 are closest to the first team, and that is amazing for Wilshere at just 16 years of age, and he did have another very good performance. Arsene has been trying to play it down today, and rightly so, we want Wilshere to be a grounded lad after all and also he doesn't need any pressure on his shoulders at 16!

“Last year I missed too many games and I am still disappointed about it. But that is life. That is football and things can happen. I accepted it. This is a new year with new chances. Hopefully I can be injury-free this year"


You could be forgiven for thinking that is a personified Arsenal speaking there, I mean it sums up our last season pretty well, but it is in fact RvP telling us of his main aim for the season... And lets hope it comes true! We have never seen RvP complete a full season so we still don't know exactly what he is capable of, imagine if he and Ade are capable of 30+ a season... that would be formidable!

I think most Arsenal fans are in anticipation of tomorrows friendly against Stuttgart... not to see a face off between Almunia and Mad Jens, but to see the first glimpse of Nasri in an Arsenal shirt, personally I can't wait! I have great expectations for this kid, and I feel he might be more of an asset to our team than Hleb. Nasri is a quick thinker, he isn't going to slow down the famously quick Arsenal counter attack. He isn't going to be so 'shot-shy' so hopefully we can expect a greater return from Nasri, in other words the much needed midfield goals!

More good news in the shape of a funky pineapple! Kolo will be back by the start of the season, and with a new haircut. This is great news, I am so much happier with Kolo in the side than Senderos, and I really have doubts over Senderos ever making it. Would be more confident with Song, even on his brief showing in the position, but as we all know he is in Beijing for the Olympics.

Nothing to report on the transfer front, well at least nothing worthy of mentioning. I highly doubt we are going in for Inler but I guess you never know. Smells like cow dung to me though. Just can't wait to see who are next signing is but the wait continues... and hey who cares when we get to see new boy Nasri tomorrow! This kid is going to be a new heir to the number 8 shirt made famous be Wrighty, who has come out with some embarrassing analysis of Arsenal (not worth linking or reading.. believe me!).

No comments: